Welcome to the Yoga Scotland
Yoga Scotland is recognised by sportscotland as the Governing Body for Yoga in Scotland and has a network of around 300 qualified, registered and insured teachers. Although yoga is not a sport, this recognition is a way of establishing Yoga Scotland as one of the key components of the yoga community in Scotland.
Yoga Scotland is celebrating over 40 years of being at the heart of the yoga community in Scotland this year. Yoga Scotland wishes to help and guide each person who practises yoga to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of all aspects of yoga. We do this by providing opportunities for study and practice and access to education and training. We supply information on yoga classes throughout Scotland as well as a list of current Yoga Scotland-registered or recognised teachers. We also run professional yoga Teacher Training and Foundation courses and Living Yoga Study Group both for those who wish to develop their personal yoga practice and knowledge or go on to train as teachers.
For information about Yoga workshops, seminars and events in Scotland and abroad, see Events page.
Yoga Scotland magazine is also published three times a year.
Why be a member of Yoga Scotland?
* Connection with a Scotland-wide community of yoga practitioners and teachers
* Three full-colour magazines a year and regular updates via e-newsletters
* Reduced prices for Yoga Scotland events
* The chance to sign up for Yoga Scotland courses
Why choose the Yoga Scotland Teacher Training Course?
* You will have the support of 2 Hatha Yoga tutors and will also benefit from the skills and knowledge of specialist tutors for Anatomy and Physiology and Philosophy
* Support from your tutors throughout the course via email and phone
* First Aid and Yoga for Pregnancy session are included in the price
* Two residential weekends also included
* You will be insured to teach from the beginning of the course