About Yoga Scotland
At Yoga Scotland, we provide:-
- Professional yoga teacher training courses.
- Foundation course for those wishing to train as teachers and those looking to extend their personal practice.
- The Living Yoga Study Group for those who wish to extend their knowledge of yoga but do not yet wish to teach.
- A rolling programme of compulsory training for registered teachers to ensure continuous personal development.
- Workshops, seminars and events for members and the general public.
- Yoga Scotland magazine (published three times a year).
- Information on finding yoga classes; and qualified teachers.
Yoga Scotland Aims:
- To promote the excellent and safe practice of yoga in Scotland through trained, experienced and qualified teachers
- To help and guide each yoga student to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of all aspects of yoga, through study and practice and by providing access to education and training
- To provide opportunities for the general public to find out more about yoga
- To maintain and improve the standards of yoga teaching and to organise teacher education
- To provide on-
going training for existing yoga teachers
- To co-
operate with and support other organisations (national and international) with similar objectives
Joy Charnley Yoga Scotland Chairperson
Established in 1973, Yoga Scotland provides teacher training and on-going training services and support to around 300 trained, registered and insured teachers in Scotland and to thousands of students of all ages and abilities, as well as classes for those with disabilities, health problems, children, older people and pregnant women.