This course is for qualified Yoga Teachers who wish to train as a Children’s Yoga Teacher. Over a residential weekend and 2 training days, plus an assessment day, you will learn how to teach children and youngsters in a safe, fun and inclusive way. Nursery, primary and secondary School age groups will be covered. You will learn about class management, how to introduce ‘light touch’ yoga philosophy to youngsters and gain an understanding of the important legislation governing teaching children. It will be a practical course – so get ready to take part in children’s yoga sessions and allow your class planning creativity to flow. During the course, you will experience bringing the benefits of yoga to children in a fun, safe and age appropriate way.
By the end of the course you will be able to:-
- Navigate and understand the legislation governing teaching children
- Class plan & teach creatively and safely for youngsters ages 4 – 16
- Use class management skills age appropriately
- Introduce aspects of yoga philosophy to children age appropriately
- Appreciate the many benefits and the rewards of teaching Yoga to children
NB: Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Module accrues CPD points at 1 point per hour of the course attended.
This course runs over a 3 day residential weekend, at the Low Port Centre, Linlithgow, 2 training days, held at Linlithgow Burgh Halls (to be confirmed), plus an assessment day to be arranged with your tutors.
Note that the training days are Fridays.
Please refer to Prospectus (download) for fuller details.