The Yoga Scotland Foundation Course is a 60-hour course is designed to explore yoga in more depth than in an average class and to expand and consolidate personal practice. The course offers a chance to experience many aspects of yoga, including a wide range of asanas, pranayama, concentration, and meditation as well as topics such as the history of yoga, and the different paths and schools of yoga. It is offered for students who wish to develop their knowledge of yoga further and it is also a prerequisite for those wanting to train as teachers, prior to taking the teaching diploma course.
The Foundation Course is not a teacher training course and does not provide those who complete the course with a teaching qualification.
The next Foundation Courses starts in September 2018.
For more information contact us.
The cost of the Foundation Course is £555. A deposit of £75 is payable on acceptance to the course and payments can be made in instalments. All monies paid are non-refundable.
Bursaries are available under certain criteria, including low waged or in receipt of certain benefits. Students can request an bursary application form on being accepted on the course, from the Training Co-ordinator.
60 hours, spread over one year, comprising 10 x 6 hour days. Each day starts at 10.00 am and finishes at 5.00 pm.
- Applicants must have regularly attended a yoga class(es) taught by a recognised teacher for a minimum of 2 years.
- Students must be able to attend the mandatory first day of the course.
- Yoga Scotland Ordinary Membership is included as part of the course.
- A Yoga Scotland Foundation Course Certificate is awarded to students who attend a minimum of 80% of the course.
- Students should continue to attend a regular class taught by a recognised yoga teacher and continue their personal practice.
Feedback from previous students
- ‘I look forward to every Saturday of the Foundation Course. From the start it has given me the time and space to transform my day-to-day practice. It offers much more than just asana practice; we delve into yoga theory, anatomy and philosophy. I am only halfway through and yet this opportunity has already proved invaluable.’
- ‘I am loving the Foundation Course. Each month I’m excited to be there and I learn so much from the tutors (and my fellow attendees!) every time. My own practice, self-awareness and understanding of yoga have advanced significantly and I’m only halfway through. It makes my whole life better.’
- ‘Would thoroughly recommend this course for anyone wishing to increase their knowledge of yoga whether they decide to do the Teacher training or not! I have loved it!!’
- I’m very glad I signed up for the foundation course. It explains, gels and clarifies what you think you already know and shows you that you are learning indefinitely.’