The Living Yoga Course is a beautiful opportunity for those of you – having completed a Yoga Scotland Foundation Course or equivalent course – who would like to continue to develop and deepen your study of yoga and personal practice but who don't yet wish to go on to teacher training. This course builds on previous learning and provides the perfect opportunity to go deeper into your practice, asking questions and engaging in discussion.
The course is also open to teachers who wish to refresh and renew their own personal practice.
The next Living Yoga Course starts September 2019.
At the end of the course, you will have a more integrated understanding of the different aspects of yoga, be able to plan your personal yoga practice, have a deeper understanding of a selection of classic yoga texts and be able to apply your understanding of yoga philosophy to daily life.
To this aim, you will:
- Develop a daily practice of 30–45 minutes.
- Learn the benefits of keeping a daily practice diary, including reflection on yoga's impact on your life.
- Read and study essential yoga texts (approximately 4 hours per month)
- Understand and apply principles of foundation, alignment and breathing in postures.
- Practise a range of asana and appreciate asana as a process rather than a goal.
- Recognise the value of both static and flow-based approaches to asana.
- Practise a range of natural breathing and pranayama techniques.
- Practise mudra and bandha.
- Practise a range of relaxation techniques.
- Practise a range of concentration/meditation techniques.
- Understand the use of sound in yoga including chanting a variety of mantra.
- Understand the use of kriya and have practical experience of some of them.
- Understand basic anatomy, physiology and kinesiology in relation to yoga practice.
- Understand pranic or subtle anatomy in relation to yoga.
- Understand the basic precepts of yoga philosophy.
- You must have already completed a Yoga Scotland Foundation Course or equivalent course.
- Continue to attend regular classes with a recognised teacher.
60 hours, comprising of ten days (mostly Saturdays) of six hours each. Please see sidebar for dates and venues.
The cost of the Living Yoga Course is £595. A deposit of £95 is payable on acceptance to the course and payment by instalments is available. All monies paid are non-refundable.
Bursaries are available subject to certain criteria, including low waged or in receipt of certain benefits. Students can request a bursary application form on being accepted on the course, from the Teacher Training Co-Ordinator.
For more information, please contact us.
Edinburgh Course: Kath McDonald
Aberdeen Course: Yvonne Austin