The Living Yoga Course, comprising 10 Saturdays of 6 hours each, is designed for students who have completed a Yoga Scotland Foundation Course or equivalent course, who do not yet wish to go on to teacher training, but would like to continue to develop and deepen their study of yoga and personal practice. It builds on previous learning and provides an opportunity for developing practice, asking questions and engaging in discussion.
The course is also open to teachers who wish to refresh and renew their own personal practice.
Students should continue to attend a regular yoga class and be prepared to develop a daily practice of 30 – 45 minutes. They will begin to learn the benefits of keeping a daily practice diary, including reflection on its impact on their life. There will be recommended reading and study of essential yoga texts, approximately 4 hours per month.
At the end of the course students will have a more integrated understanding of the different aspects of yoga; be able to plan their personal yoga practice; have a deeper understanding of a selection of classic yoga texts and be able to apply their understanding of yoga philosophy to daily life.
More specifically, students will be able to:
- Understand and apply principles of foundation, alignment and breathing in postures
- Practice a range of asana and appreciate asana as a process rather than a goal
- Recognise the value of both static and flow-based approaches to asana
- Practise a range of natural breathing and pranayama techniques
- Practice mudra and bandha
- Practice a range of relaxation techniques
- Practice a range of concentration/meditation techniques
- Understand the use of sound in yoga including chanting a variety of mantra
- Understand the use of kriya and have practical experience of some of them
- Understand basic anatomy, physiology and kinesiology in relation to yoga practice
- Understand pranic or subtle anatomy in relation to yoga
- Understand the basic precepts of yoga philosophy
The cost of the Living Yoga Course is £595. A deposit of £95 is payable on acceptance to the course and payment by instalments is available. All moneys paid are non-refundable.
Bursaries are available under certain criteria, including low waged or in receipt of certain benefits. Students can request an bursary application form on being accepted on the course, from the Teacher Training Coordinator.
For more information, please contact us.