Yoga Scotland would like to reassure members that we are mindful of the situation with coronavirus.
Please see more information here.
European Union of Yoga - NIDRÂ YOGA INSTRUCTOR TRAINING RETREAT
An exploration into the states of consciousness where space, joy, and silence find no limitations.
December 1 - 30, 2020
Kaivalyadham Ashram, Lonavla, India
Posted 19 July 2019
Trustees and helpers wanted! Karma yogis...now's your chance!
We are currently recruiting for:
- Sub Editor
- Training Sub Committee
- Magazine distributions
See the roles in more detail here.
Posted 23 May 2019
*** COMPETITION TIME ***
Discover all the wonderful things on offer to students of yoga, meditation and non-dualism at the unique World Yoga Festival 2019 in Reading!
One lucky member of Yoga Scotland has the opportunity to win a four-day pass to this incredible event running from 18th to 21st July, worth £159. It could be you! All you have to do is:
1. Be a member of Yoga Scotland.
2. Watch the video below.
3. Visit https://www.yogafestival.world/ and be inspired by all that's on offer.
4. Write in the comments below what you are most excited about experiencing if you're fortunate enough to win. Is it the opportunity to learn from world-class teachers of yoga and non-dualism? Or perhaps the chance to practise a different type of yoga every day? Or having the space to decompress in a beautiful, natural setting? Or spending quality family time? Whatever you're most looking forward to, let us know and tell us why!
5. Share with the friend or family member you would most like to go with you.
That's it! The winner will be chosen at random and notified on 30 May, so don't forget to like the YS page ( https://www.facebook.com/YogaScotland/ ) and World Yoga Festival page to ensure you hear the announcement!
This competition is not run in conjunction with Facebook and is entirely independent. The ticket is non-transferable and there is no cash equivalent.
Posted 4 March 2019
The Zinal congress 2019 digital booklet is now available for you to download and enjoy.
Look for the download button on this page.
Posted 11 February 2019
Diary date...Free Day of Yoga and AGM...plus Shared Lunch!
9th March 2019
Diary Date Spring Day of Yoga!
Ayurveda and Vinyasa Flows to Regulate the Dosas with Jacqueline Purnell
16th March 2019
Posted 13 January 2019
New website feature for magazine
Yoga Scotland's magazine is now available from the website for members to download.
Not a member yet?....Browse the contents page and see what you're missing!
Go to About Us...Magazine and click on the magazine you want to look at.
Posted 19 December 2018
Yoga Scotland Board of Trustees has a vacancy for a treasurer.
This is a wonderful karma post, so if you have financial skills and experience, or know someone who might be interested, please get in touch with Gill Gibbens to find out more.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Role of Treasurer
The Treasurer role includes being a Charity Trustee and attending trustee meetings and the AGM.
The Treasurer is a volunteer position.
The Treasurer’s main duties include:
- Responsibility for liaising with book-keeping/ finance person who will be doing the actual day-to-day admin of the accounts.
- Preparation of the accounts for the annual audit including liaison with the Independent Examiner/Accountant
- Producing a summary of the accounts for the Annual Report, presenting the full accounts to the AGM and submitting the accounts to OSCR.
- Reporting to Board meetings on Yoga Scotland’s financial position and advising the Board about pricing including potential increases to fees or payments.
- Acting as a full signatory including online authorisation of payments.
- Acting as first point of contact with the bank and ensuring that signatories are changed when needed, eg following each AGM.
- Ensure secure storage of accounts in accordance with charity legislation.
- Knowledge of charity accounting, sage/quick-books, PayPal and gift aid are desirable.
Posted 21 November 2018
Yoga Scotland AGM
Our next Event is on the 9th of March at the lovely venue Victoria Hall in Dunblane.
It is a free day of yoga for anyone (members, non members, students and teachers): the day will include the AGM (please note, the actual Annual General Meeting is for members only). Yoga Scotland Teachers will be donating their time to teach during the day. Generous donations will be appreciated to cover costs of the day only.
Posted 21 November 2018
Yoga Scotland Spring Day of Yoga
Jacqueline Purnell: Ayurveda and Vinyasa Flows to Regulate the Dosas
This event is suitable for all levels of yoga practice.
Bookings: Please contact Maria to book. Online booking will be coming soon.
First Satellite Congress of the EUY
Posted 9 Nov 2018
The first Satellite Congress of the EUY will take place in Catania in Sicily from 26th April to 1st May 2019,
co-organized by the FMY and its president Wanda Vanni.
Its theme will be
Guest of Honour : Swami Nityamuktananda
Swami Asokananda, Susanne Bohrmann-Fortuzzi, Roland Haag, Swami Krishnapremananda François Lorin, Willy van Lysebeth, Antonio Nuzzo, Francesca Palombi
Conchita Morera Pérez and Christina Riebesell All teachers are translated into English or French!
Yoga Scotland are members of EUY