Posted 4 March 2019
The Zinal congress 2019 digital booklet is now available for you to download and enjoy.
Look for the download button on this page.
Posted 11 February 2019
Diary date...Free Day of Yoga and AGM...plus Shared Lunch!
9th March 2019
Diary Date Spring Day of Yoga!
Ayurveda and Vinyasa Flows to Regulate the Dosas with Jacqueline Purnell
16th March 2019
Posted 13 January 2019
New website feature for magazine
Yoga Scotland's magazine is now available from the website for members to download.
Not a member yet?....Browse the contents page and see what you're missing!
Go to About Us...Magazine and click on the magazine you want to look at.
Posted 19 December 2018
Yoga Scotland Board of Trustees has a vacancy for a treasurer.
This is a wonderful karma post, so if you have financial skills and experience, or know someone who might be interested, please get in touch with Gill Gibbens to find out more.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Role of Treasurer
The Treasurer role includes being a Charity Trustee and attending trustee meetings and the AGM.
The Treasurer is a volunteer position.
The Treasurer’s main duties include:
- Responsibility for liaising with book-keeping/ finance person who will be doing the actual day-to-day admin of the accounts.
- Preparation of the accounts for the annual audit including liaison with the Independent Examiner/Accountant
- Producing a summary of the accounts for the Annual Report, presenting the full accounts to the AGM and submitting the accounts to OSCR.
- Reporting to Board meetings on Yoga Scotland’s financial position and advising the Board about pricing including potential increases to fees or payments.
- Acting as a full signatory including online authorisation of payments.
- Acting as first point of contact with the bank and ensuring that signatories are changed when needed, eg following each AGM.
- Ensure secure storage of accounts in accordance with charity legislation.
- Knowledge of charity accounting, sage/quick-books, PayPal and gift aid are desirable.
Posted 21 November 2018
Yoga Scotland AGM
Our next Event is on the 9th of March at the lovely venue Victoria Hall in Dunblane.
It is a free day of yoga for anyone (members, non members, students and teachers): the day will include the AGM (please note, the actual Annual General Meeting is for members only). Yoga Scotland Teachers will be donating their time to teach during the day. Generous donations will be appreciated to cover costs of the day only.
Posted 21 November 2018
Yoga Scotland Spring Day of Yoga
Jacqueline Purnell: Ayurveda and Vinyasa Flows to Regulate the Dosas
This event is suitable for all levels of yoga practice.
Bookings: Please contact Maria to book. Online booking will be coming soon.
First Satellite Congress of the EUY
Posted 9 Nov 2018
The first Satellite Congress of the EUY will take place in Catania in Sicily from 26th April to 1st May 2019,
co-organized by the FMY and its president Wanda Vanni.
Its theme will be
Guest of Honour : Swami Nityamuktananda
Swami Asokananda, Susanne Bohrmann-Fortuzzi, Roland Haag, Swami Krishnapremananda François Lorin, Willy van Lysebeth, Antonio Nuzzo, Francesca Palombi
Conchita Morera Pérez and Christina Riebesell All teachers are translated into English or French!
Yoga Scotland are members of EUY