Yoga Scotland employs a variety of tutors and administrative staff. We also have a Board of Trustees, who manage and guide the work of the organisation, which is a registered Scottish Charity.
Yoga Scotland Board of Trustees has a vacancy for a treasurer.
This is a wonderful karma post, so if you have financial skills and experience, or know someone who might be interested, please get in touch with Gill Gibbens to find out more.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Role of Treasurer
The Treasurer role includes being a Charity Trustee and attending trustee meetings and the AGM.
The Treasurer is a volunteer position.
The Treasurer’s main duties include:
1. Responsibility for liaising with book-keeping/ finance person who will be doing the actual day-to-day admin of the accounts.
2. Preparation of the accounts for the annual audit including liaison with the Independent Examiner/Accountant
3. Producing a summary of the accounts for the Annual Report, presenting the full accounts to the AGM and submitting the accounts to OSCR.
4. Reporting to Board meetings on Yoga Scotland’s financial position and advising the Board about pricing including potential increases to fees or payments.
5. Acting as a full signatory including online authorisation of payments.
6. Acting as first point of contact with the bank and ensuring that signatories are changed when needed, eg following each AGM.
7. Ensure secure storage of accounts in accordance with charity legislation.
8. Knowledge of charity accounting, sage/quick-books, PayPal and gift aid are desirable.
Yoga Scotland Trustee
The Board of Trustees is always happy to take on more members to ensure a diversity of skill-sets, knowledge and experience that contribute to Yoga Scotland's future growth and development. If you have a skill that you would like to share with us – e.g., you have a talent for marketing and promotion, or experience in events management – then please don't hesitate to get in touch via our Contact page above.